Saturday, August 23, 2014

Being

I understand I am not a threat to other women, nor do I want to be....I am mostly comfortable with my looks... fluffing and tweaking sometimes necessary. In the midst of family turbulence, rivalries and insecurities I was appreciative for my quotidian appearance. Gratitude was new to me..I have oft wondered what it would be like to turn heads, yet I see the demise of having the ego deflate as the skin sags and beauty wanes. The change in stature and status could render one useless...and seems to have in a few of my family members... A final reckoning of the shell that houses the mind that reflects who I am knows beyond a shadow of a doubt if I could change a thing it would not be my physique... Finally!!!! It took long enough to get over that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment