Saturday, May 4, 2013

talkers

...you know who I mean...Those that espouse their virtue, wares or lifestyle whilst stepping on others to elevate themselves. Those that can say all the right things, even at the perfect moment... They help you see the light, buy the bauble, become a vegan or throw aside encumbrances. We sometimes idolize them...emulate, copy or try to live in their shadow until the sunlight changes and either truth is revealed, or we follow a new path. I have learned that anyone can talk the talk. Many fools can lead people astray, take their money, their dignity, their self-worth. It is not the talkers I wish to follow now. I seek out the quiet livers of life. The ones that are doing things with no thought to converting others. Their mission is not selfish nor selfless. They are making their way in the world being. They are who I want to be when I grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment