Friday, November 16, 2012

Remarkable

I found out today just how unremarkable both he and are. Sitting for the results of blood tests, ultrasounds and x-rays the doctor's comment felt unprovoked. I recognize I have not impressed him with my barrage of talents...but to call us unremarkable! He laughs, as we do, at the medical explanation that unremarkable is something you want to hear. Nothing to fret or worry about...well mostly. The fact that my x-ray called my coccyx unremarkable was concerning because it was removed more than 30 years ago. At this my doctor is confused because it clearly had been observed as unremarkable. Hearing this so many times in one conversation has convinced me that I must learn to impress people more. I had no idea my ego could be wounded by a word misappropriation.

No comments:

Post a Comment