Friday, August 13, 2010

The Clock Watcher

I had no idea that I was a clock watcher. And when I say that, I mean I reference the time a lot. Perhaps it is early dementia that I forget that I glanced a minute before, but I know I do it. I realized this after the battery of my analog clock was dead. The time was stuck on 3:45 and has remained there all week. The number of times that I have looked up, knowing I need to change the battery astounds me. I seem to have such patience with this right now. Normally it would drive me nuts. Normally the battery would have been changed right away, but for some reason I am in a different place right now. I am in a place that allows me to know that it needs changing and not do it. I am also in a place that continually looks at the clock for a cue to eat or prepare dinner, or pick someone up and even though I know it is wrong, habit makes me glance above the door for orientation.

So, I will now go change the battery, with the awareness that two hands and a face seem to provide me with more direction than I ever expected.

1 comment:

  1. I have not idea why I procrastinated again, but I didn't replace the battery until everyone else started using the clock as a reference......

    ReplyDelete