Monday, June 28, 2010

The Mess

It is taking all my willpower NOT to clean my kitchen right now. It is 10:00 pm and it has been askew for many hours. My daughter ran out @ 3:00 promising to get to it when she came home. She breezed in for a few minutes and her deadline did not include cutlery, counters or dishes. I have tried to keep myself occupied. I have been reading and avoiding the chaos altogether. This is much harder than would seem. For me, I will have to endure this scene at 6:30 a.m. The floor is sticky by the fridge where icing sugar has coagulated with water. The counters have residue to the touch. I cannot use the sink with muffin tins, bowls of goopy coloured icing and baking implements jut out.

I am sure she will be disappointed when she sees it to. The reminder of her promise. The reminder of her responsibility. She will hope that I would just succumb to my dislike of chaos over principle. I should because it is punishing me far greater than it ever will her.

No comments:

Post a Comment